10.18.2004

It's so bittersweet when I love a song so much that I listen to it constantly. Because eventually there will be that one time I play it where I discover it's become worn. But it's almost like a new pair of shoes that you really enjoy. You love them, and wear the shit out of them, and then they get dirty and worn out, but you still love them just as much, but in a different, more enchanting way. And nothing is ever like that first time that you wear them. Bright and new. I find it especially interesting to think about how shoes can be painful at first, and need to be broken in; your feet need to accept them. Like a song that is too truthful. It hurts. Well, I had to write this rhyming, metered poem for my class today, and I was given the opportunity to read it aloud. I don't much care for rhymes, I like the free verse. Do you want to hear it? Great. It's funny:


Chloe

I'm a cynic in the bedroom
But grateful for a fuck
After sex
Cigarettes
You'll get me off with any luck

I've had my fill of bitter blood
It's always been my own
Mattress springs
Diamond rings
Could never stand to be alone

Try to ignore my jaded tongue
My skin is just as sweet
Condoms used
Thighs have bruised
Two naked bodies in the sheets

Feel free to try your luck with me
This love is such a steal
Rattled bones
Empty moans
You'll help me think that I can feel


It's trite, I think. I don't much care for it, but I think it's funny. Especially funny when reading to a class. This the other one I wrote for that assignment:


On an early Friday morning
I watched the world wake up
Knowing very well
That you were sleeping
Blew down the dark and empty streets
Beside the Autumn leaves
Nothing to be done
I continued weeping


I don't much like that one either. But what do I like that I write, not a whole lot. I do like what Elliot Smith writes though. I just acquired Figure 8. Hmmm. I thought I would be okay by now. I have to work now.

No comments: