8.26.2006

i used to like to be reminded.

the epsom salts late night soaking now
and nostalgia paves over pastways
the old cobblestones treks
of these poor burnt out synapses
their buggies and rickshaws
their familiar and deceptive scenery
i don't remember what anything was really like
this is an ingrained path
sometimes seems too hard to tear it all up
cave into the up coming times
these poor burnt out synapses
i forget your all closed off
with your muddy streets
because it's always raining down there.
let's have a bypass
a four lane major highway
serious rerouting
i could cut the red ribbon
with novelty sized gold scissors
raise a toast to the new age
a new found raison d'etre
build a monument
over the tyrannical ways of was


+++


the neighbors
eating meat everyday paunched naked bellies
with their big dog barking named buster
daily spats through run down
artificially brick
walls
someone to slap around
he probably makes her feel like a woman
she probably makes him feel a man
they laugh at chinese babies
together. they live
they are together, know eachother
as much as.

i like to listen to them
from the other side of the chain-linked fence
ten yards
in my red shoes
my nails are red
my tongue is red
my throat and stomach red.
i smoke and listen to the neighbors
as they live
together.


+++


just a warning

if life is progression
the next one will be better
four walls for me and hardwood floors
a tiny bed, a long bath, deep tub
i'll bake bread for me, beat eggs
and eat them
i won't feel so guilty
over laying under windows
and watching breezes blow the blinds

gently
drinking too much alone
in one room for hours
and who's to say
you couldn't come and visit in the summer
not my finest season
after autumn winter and spring
have left me so alone for longer hours
i'll need the company
but won't ask for it.
just a warning
my control sleeps with my solitude
like worms hide in the dirt
i'm not a seeker anymore
it's too dangerous
if you can be good to me

No comments: