12.18.2006

everybody out.
i'm warning you.
a halfhearted stickup.
blood flows out like strawberry molasses.
i should be so melted down.
my ashes mixed with rubber
to make bicycle tires.
sprinkled into pancake batter.
i am a holistic remidy
turned into tablets.
take twice daily
before a meal.
or with glass of milk.
call me in two weeks.
we'll see how you're feeling.


+


i've been staring for a while now
at this plastic skeleton of a reindeer
adorned with christmas lights
the mechanical gears in its neck click away
and make its head flop jarringly back and forth
back and forth backandforth
as though it were alive and moving
it almost topples eveytime
i can't think of something more eerie
and recognize myself mimicking the motions
moving my hand to my drink. to my mouth.
sipping. as the ice chimes in a heavy glass.
placing back.
my hand quickly and clumsily falls to lap.
while the other holding cigarette is lifted. to my lips.
and puffs. then ash.
back into the lap.

we aren't much different
this plastic reindeer and i
and how disturbing.
plug me in.
let me go.

No comments: