2.20.2008

{this is the part where}

today is a funny day. kids are hilarious. yesterday a conversation went something like this:

kid: "miss megan, i lost a tooth last night!"
me: "that's awesome! we should have a tooth party."
otherkid: "but we don't have any balloons!"
me: "we don't need balloons to have a party."
olderkid: "parties without planning always end up boring.."
me: "whatever! all we need are each other, and some sweet jams to bust out!"
bestkidever: "speaking of sweet jams, my mom makes a delicious fig jam."
me: "maybe we can bring in your mom's sweet fig jam and have a jam party!"
bestkidever: "YEAH!"
me: "YEAH!!!"


i've been thinking about that conversation for the past few days. every time i laugh out loud.

in other news, today is also funny. i woke up today and hopped the bus to work at 6am, and listened to clark, because i just found turning dragon again, after losing it for a few weeks.. i rode my bike all around and listened to os mutantes. which is my present favourite. i can't stop laughing stupidly at everything all day. for instance, i am incapable of riding my bike without hands. when i was in the sixth grade i could. like a hit. but one day, during our bike-a-thon, whilst impressing my fellow classmates with my mad skills, swerving left and right and singing the mission impossible theme song, i totally bit it hard. actually, i don't even remember falling, just waking up on the ground and hurting a lot, while jim bailey stood over me saying, "megan, are you okay?" jim bailey was a twin, his brother was aaron. they had big lips, and were very different, as identical twins tend to be. but they always got in trouble for reading during class. even if it was the bible. one day in seveth grade math class the teacher pointed out that jim bailey had something on his lip. he inquisitively picked it off and ate it, thought for a moment and said, "it's ham. it's still good." my mom always regales me that story, whenever we talk about junior high.

well i smell really bad from all that bike riding. and it's about time to read to the fourth graders, then eat nuts with the kindergarteners.

No comments: