5.07.2008

{cyclones.}

what is the difference between a tornado and a cyclone? is there any. i've been dwelling upon tornadoes all day. they excite me. when i was a child, i would close my ears during the radio weather update. if i heard the word "thunderstorm," my heart would race against fear. and were a tornado watch or warning to occur, you could find me, under the air hockey table in the basement. possibly crying.

but now, all i want in the whole world is a ginormous thunderstorm. all i can do is look at pictures. or dream. i want to go on another adventure. the ones where you're driving to nowhere in particular, and the clouds shift across an open sky, covering the endlessly crop-covered earth. a foreboding sensation creeps up your stomach, all the way to your gullet. and you're all alone in the whole wide world.

here is a picture i found! i really want to lay on a couch all day eating tuna sandwiches and watching documentaries on tornadoes. that's what i want. since i can't be there to see it.



now i feel like a dork. but tornadoes are sweet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently watched Twister. I enjoy tornado time.