10.28.2003

Tomorrow is a Thursday. Today has been a mightly long day. Lots of hours being awake. 19 to be exact. I really wish I had some sort of recording device hooked up to my brain, so as to not forget what I was just thinking, five minutes or an hour ago. I've wished this for many years now. I think I can honestly say that I am exhausted. And every night, around this time, that is to say right before I hit the proverbial "sack," I wish I were high. It makes me feel kind of immature saying that, but I just sleep so much better, and the act of falling asleep is so very pleasant. I'm like a scratched record right now. My mind is skipping and skiping this song. I keep thinking, "Who's that kid in the back of the room? Who's that kid in the back of the room? We all think he's really weird. We all think he's really weird." I can't even get the song right, I'm splicing verses together. Everything I eat is making me ill. Tonight at the Grill, whilest studying, I was given free toast from a very wonderful lady named Nikki. She said that all the coffee and thinking I appeared to be doing would make me sick, so I needed food. I was so grateful, but felt very ill at the time and had to force myself to eat most of it. I think I may be allergic to wheat, which would certainly suck. Oh, fabulous story! Today I was leaving Grounds for Thought and prompty put my mittens on at the event of entering the cold air. It turned out that it was raining. I turned to the guy who was sitting at one of the outside tables and remarked, "It's raining, these mittens won't do me much good in the rain." To which he replied, "No, they won't." I paused for a second a stuck my mitten, clothed hands out to show him and said, "But they sure are some really nice mittens!" He smiled and shook his head, and I laughed and waltzed away in the rain; mittens on hands. That interlude made me very happy. Goodnight.

No comments: