2.14.2004

Last night seemed like a good night to die. I know that sounds weird, but I was very angry at human tendencies. I hate being stuck in my own mind, and having people refuse to listen to me. Not that everything I say is the resolution for everything, but I try to stay as humble as I can, resisting telling people what I'm really thinking. I know I resolved to be an honest person, and hold to that, however, I realize that if you tell someone something they might disagree with or try to tell them they are wrong, the likelihood of them saying, "you know, you're right," is more than impossible. I don't know. I just feel like I shouldn't say anything at all. Because what will it matter if no one is going to listen to your thoughts anyway. No one turns ideas over in their heads before they come up with a conclusion. Everyone claims to be so open minded, but when it really comes down to it, everyone I know that says that is the opposite. I think they mistake having liberal ideas for open mindedness. People can have open ideas, not open minds. Last night was just very awkward for me. In many ways. I just had a hard time coping. I don't know. I drove around for a really long time. Just thinking and listening to music, which is the one thing I am very good at. Anyway, I just bought a very fine bottle of wine, and am going to go drink it in celebration of a friend's twenty-first birthday. Tah.

No comments: