2.26.2004

Well, well. I don't have too much to say this evening. I only had to work for three hours today. It was great. The reason being because I had dinner with a friend who's in town. She lives in Tibet, and is visiting for a while. Probably one of the most magnificent people I know. Still not moved in. But that's okay with me. It'd be nice, though. Last night was very refreshing. I had a very pleasent evening with some people I have never hung out with, and I enjoyed their company tremendously. Much laughter was had by all. It's nice to meet people who can talk about the same things that I do, and have the same passions as well. It was just a good night had, after a shitty day. Not because anything extremely bad happened, but I'm kicking birth control, and my hormones are going crazy, and not in a good way. Realizing that you aren't at all yourself because of a substance, and not being able to do anything about it is terrible. Believe me. School is coming along quite well. I seem to be becoming more responsible by the day. I'm going to class and doing my work now. That's a plus. Tomorrow is going to be a long day, however. Class at 10am, leave early to go to work at 11:45, but I'm working front, so hopefully I'll make a few extra bucks, which I'll promptly spend on cigs. Off work at 1:30pm, yeah, we close at 1:30, to re-open at 4pm... Work at 4, until 10, and then go babysit, which is fine. I don't mind at all because the kid will be asleep by then anyway. The strange problem is that I don't want to be payed, so I'm going to have to think of something tricky to say. I think I know what I'll say, though, so I'm sure it won't be too hard. Then the party begins at around 1:30 or so. Not really, I'll probably just walk around and smoke and think. I'm pretty good at those things. Probably better at smoking than walking. Ha. Okay, bed now. Oh wait, I came up with a conclusion that seems good. It pertains to hanging out with people I don't really know. I concluded that this is the best way to go about things. Not getting too connected to anyone. Maintaining friendships but avoid bonding. That's my rule. I don't know about rule, but it seems like a safe idea. That way things won't ever get messy or weird. There won't be any drama or shit to deal with. Not because I just don't give a fuck, but because those things won't come up if I am always mixing up who I hang out with. That's the ideal anyway, what I hope for. Because last night was just a good time, and nothing sucked about it. I didn't even really know these people except from brief interludes and such. Jokes and laughter, that was it, and it was beautiful. Because I think, when you become too close or connected or whatever, things get intimate and ew. That's all I have to say about that. It's hard to get sick of people you rarely chill with. Even though I'd like to get to know some a little better, I'll still maintain my distance. Maybe it'll work. or maybe this is just adolecent Megan coming up with dumb ideas. But I'm sure eventually she'll figure it out. Until next time...

That sounds stupid. Let's see... I think I had it right with "Okay, bed now."

No comments: