10.11.2004

oh yeah okay.

I wonder if people think I have poor hygiene. I would say that I don't think I do. But who knows really. I have this poetry assignment where I have to pick one song that I love and explain its poetic value. And I can't tell you how hard that is for me to do. First of all, choosing one song?! That's asking a lot. When I think I have one, I scroll through my ipod and find another five that would be just as great. So I end up with a list of 38 songs to choose from. Not to mention pretty much any Radiohead song. Ever. I feel really off right now. And I found my old journal, which is exciting. I read through the entire thing last night and discovered that it really doesn't say much of anything, and wondered why I was so careful about it "falling into the wrong hands." It's also funny that I feel like my writing has completely changed since I retired the ol thing. I wouldn't say I was disappointed in what I wrote, that is to say however, the majority was certainly trite, but it just struck me that I could have changed so much in such a short period of time. I don't know. A lot of if involves me saying something along the lines of, "I am so incredibly tired and need sleep." or "I think I drank too much coffee again." or "I am so depressed and want to die... but I don't want to be dead." Let's read from it, shall we?

this is the weirdest thing I could find in it:

For sure and upright.
Complex and unnegatiable.
These phrases repeating
Dominating my mind.
Soulfully sound and
unsadistic.
Capturing a chapter
And epoch of unbelief.
A drink and a dance.
Satin and lace.
Charming.
Unrefined.
Wasted.


Now, my favorite part is the made up words. I should do that more often, in writing form. I already do it verbally. There's so much stupid shit in the journal actually. It's unfortunate.

Here's a new one:


Are you the kind
That bores easily
Zips up your pants
As soon as you
Roll up your sleeves


hoe hum.

No comments: