7.17.2008

{think about life.}

have i mentioned lately that i love portland? because i do.

i just got home. in ohio. at my folks house. my grama got sick, so i came home to take care of her for a few weeks. i was really excited to get here. still am. i flew all day. down to atlanta, up to detroit. but coming home is always emotionally tumultuous and discouraging. the person you have become is somehow slighted by the person you were all through growing up. until you left. and made a new self. these city streets cause me to regress as an individual. it is truly exhausting and false.

i love my family. they are who i came to be with. to give my heart to. i will call ohio "home" until i die. but right now, i'm really in love with portland, and i miss it. i miss my bike. but i think this break will be nice. i can go back west with a new sense of commitment to a city i enjoy. i needed this.

No comments: