12.11.2002




1:55 am.

Tomorrow is a Friday. Once again, I still think of tomorrow as Thursday, but it happens to already be Thursday. I was reading this book today, the passage talked about how it is impossible to escape your culture. It refers to it as a trap, and the when you realize that you are in this trap you try to escape, but the effort put for is futile, and therefore makes the situation worse. It spoke of how we are all the product of your environment, and because of this we have no control over our thoughts and actions and beliefs. We are a product. Like a newspaper. Effort put forth by many people makes us who we are, so we essencially aren't original. There is no "you" in "you". It is all inheritance. I thought it was interesting. However, I do think that we have control over ourselves, but we are influenced. It's just a matter of whether or not you choose to be influenced. At any rate, it was a good book. If you were curious, it's called Invisible Monsters, and it is by Chuck Palahnuik, the author of the novel Fight Club. Anyhow, I'm not feeling too well. I am going to take a bath and go to bed.

2:01 am.


No comments: