11.04.2003

I really love ceramics. I love working the wheel. I just flip out too much. I have high expectation, and when they aren't met, I wig. It should be a soothing time, instead it's exasperating and agitating. I wish it wasn't. Not to mention there are a ton of old ladies hogging the wheels. That superbly pisses me off. Why aren't there more wheels? Why are there so many old ladies? The thing is, I spend twenty minutes or so wedging the clay to make sure there aren't any air bubbles. After that I spend quite a while (depending on the day) centering the clay on the wheel. Then I spend however long, usually quite a while throwing the clay. And at any given time, in a split second I can fuck it up. In a second it can be at the point of no return. That! pisses me off. Talk about discouraging. Speaking of talking, I talked to the girl that took one of my handbuilt pieces. I told her that it was mine. She got really red and was mummbling words about how she had just picked it up. Well, I thought, if you just picked it up, wouldn't you think about whether or not it was yours? People are such assholes. Last night at work I was so pissed off at everything, I didn't even want to be there. If that makes sense. All these nice friendly people, telling me how good the food was, and that I was a good server. One guy even mentioned that business seemed really slow, and I must not be making too much money. He gave me a whole fuckin dollar. If patronizing smiles and compliments and kindness were money, I'd be a very wealthy individual. Stingy bastards. By the way, "spank" is an incredibly hilarious word. I don't mean the definition, just the word itseld. If anyone reads this, think about the word in your head, and say it aloud. It's just really a weird tone and augh! Maybe I'm just really weird in the mornings, because that's when I was thinking about this. Weird, weird, weird...

No comments: